Thanks to you and our many wonderful supporters, Mater Dolorosa has served as a special place for spiritual nourishment and comfort since the first retreat in 1926. During the 2022-2023 retreat season, 1,130 people attended retreats for men, women, young adults, parents & teens, and married couples. This is a strong testament to the need for time away from the busyness of life for strengthening our relationship with God.
We are very excited to surpass pre-pandemic attendance this year, so the need for extra funding for retreats will increase. Your donation:
- makes up the difference between the cost of a weekend retreat versus the actual payment we receive from attendees;
- continues the long-held Passionist tradition of welcoming all who wish to attend a Passionist preached weekend retreat regardless of their ability to pay the recommended donation;
- subsidizes the cost of retreats for high school students, young adults and people in recovery;
- provides us the resources to develop and offer more programs at Mater Dolorosa.
Annual membership is from July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
There are six levels of giving in the Sponsorship Circle:
- Donor Level $100 to $249.99
- Sponsor Level $250 to $499.99
- Patron Level $500 to $999.99
- Ambassador Level $1,000 to $2,499.99
- Advocate Level $2,500 to $4,999.99
- Steward Level $5,000 or more
For more information on supporting Mater Dolorosa please contact Melanie Goodyear, Director of Development, (626) 355- 7188, Ext 103 or MGoodyear@MaterDolorosa.org.
Thank you for helping others find comfort and peace through a weekend retreat at Mater Dolorosa Passionist Retreat Center! May the Passion of Jesus Christ be always in our hearts.