CURRENT COVID-19 PROTOCOLS IN PLACE AT MATER DOLOROSA PASSIONIST RETREAT CENTER
In light of the current State and LA County mask mandate changes, Mater Dolorosa is strongly recommending indoor masking to help insure the safety of all guests, staff and the Passionist Community. LA County remains in the second highest level of Covid-19 transmission the per CDC*. At the two highest levels of transmission, the CDC, the State of California Public Health Dept. and LA County Public Health highly recommends the use of masks indoors.
- We continue to ask everyone to be tested, regardless of vaccination status prior to arriving at Mater Dolorosa. A PCR test 24-48 hours is preferred but a rapid antigen test is acceptable if no other option is available.
- Masks are strongly recommended indoors. All public health agencies recommend the use of a KN95 mask. We are able to provide a KN95 upon request (our staff is also wearing KN95 masks).
- We are allowing guests to once again dine indoors. They may also take their food back to their rooms or eat outdoors. We have set up our Verandas for outdoors dining.
- Masks are not required outdoors.
- We do encourage groups to hold their meetings outdoors in locations such as the Amphitheater, the Holy Cross Fountain or the Pergola.
Mater Dolorosa is a Passionist Retreat Center, dedicated to preaching the Passion of Jesus Christ. We welcome all who wish to hear the message of the Passion through our traditions of preaching, hospitality, and compassion. We place our focus on the Passion of Jesus Christ and its relevance in the lives of people today. We foster and promote spiritual growth and renewal through Passionist retreat programs and by providing a peaceful environment for personal prayer and reflection.
All are welcome to this sacred space at the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains; I invite you to explore our retreat options.
Dr. Michael J. Cunningham O.F.S.
Retreat Center Director