Visiting Mater Dolorosa
Mater Dolorosa welcomes thousands of visitors to our peaceful and beautiful retreat center each year. We hope that you might be one of them in the future. If you are visiting the center, attending a retreat, or a prayer group, details of how to reach us and your program will be sent in advance. Feel free to explore this web site for the variety of programs open to all. When we are holding retreats, the grounds and buildings are not open to the public to order to provide a silent, serene, and prayerful environment for those experiencing their retreat.
Here you can enjoy the Stations of the Cross, the Garden of Our Lady of Sorrows and experience our herd of deer who have made Mater Dolorosa their home for many years. For those wanting to experience the grounds and Chapel at Mater Dolorosa, we are open for the following times:
When are we open to the public?
- Tuesday Morning 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- On Tuesday at 8:30 am, we celebrate the Eucharist in the Chapel and have a hospitality welcome afterward. All are welcome!
- If you want to experience the grounds, the facility is open till 12:00 noon, after which we close to the public.
- Sunday Afternoon 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- The grounds are open to the public in the afternoon, our gates close at 5:00 pm.
Do I need to make an appointment?
There is no need to make an appointment, but once you come into the facility, you will need to visit the office building to sign in as a registered visitor. There is no charge for visiting the center, but donations are welcome.
Parking is available in signed areas of the grounds, including designated handicapped parking spaces.
Have a blessed visit,
Michael J. Cunningham OFS Retreat Center Director