Mater Dolorosa Passionist Retreat Center is currently closed to guests due to the Safer at Home Order issued by the State of California due to the ICU capacity of hospitals in the Southern California region being below 15%.
However, in keeping with the State’s recommendation for people to spend time outdoors, we are opening our gardens and Stations of the Cross so that people may come and pray. There are strict guidelines for guests to follow and an appointment is required.
Here are the guidelines:
- All guests must properly wear masks outdoors and follow social distancing guidelines in the event of encountering staff working outdoors or the Passionist Community out for a stroll.
- Appointments will be scheduled in 1 hour increments on the hour, beginning at 9 a.m. and ending at 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- A reservation is required. Requests can be made here or by calling 626-355-7188, ext. 107.
- Only people from the same household can come as a group. The ability to meet other people or groups not in your household is not allowed under the Safer-at-Home order. Only one vehicle is permitted.
- Time allotted is 1 hour.
- Access to the Retreat Center building is not allowed. Restrooms will be available at the Fiesta Grounds.
- Parking will be available on the Fiesta Grounds or at the Lower Parking Lot.
Thank you for your understanding,
Director, Facility Operations