Mater Dolorosa Passionist Retreat Center is located in the beautiful foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in Sierra Madre, CA. The Retreat Center is located on approximately 83 acres at an elevation of 1,200 feet. The topography includes open fields, manicured gardens and rugged mountains, which rise sharply behind the Retreat Center.
The facility consists of the main retreat building, the Chapel and a support building which houses a carpenter shop, grounds storage and worker apartments.
The Retreat Center offers:
- 66 Single guest rooms equipped with a twin XL bed with all bedding, desk, guest chair & lamp and private bathroom with shower. Towels and soap provided.
- 20 Double guest rooms equipped with two twin XL beds with all bedding, desk, guest chair & lamp and private bathroom with shower. This also includes 3 Handicapped accessible guest rooms. Towels and soap provided.
- 4 conference spaces:
- De Loor Hall with capacity up to 50 people
- Founders Hall with capacity up to 80 people
- Moran Library with capacity up to 12 people
- Possenti Hall with capacity up to 106 for overnight guests or 150 day only guests. Note: Groups of up to 22o are possible with rental banquet chairs.
- Chapel with seating for 106 people
- Dining Room with seating for 106 people
- Outdoor Stations of the Cross
- Monastery Gardens which includes the Garden of Seven Sorrows, Sacred Heart Plaza and the Amphitheater
- Amphitheater seats 60 people with room for additional seating for up to 150 guests.
For rates please click here.
For more information or to inquire about holding a retreat at Mater Dolorosa, please click here.