Mater Dolorosa Passionist Retreat Center is located in the beautiful foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in Sierra Madre, CA. The Retreat Center is located on approximately 83 acres at an elevation of 1,200 feet. The topography includes open fields, manicured gardens and rugged mountains, which rise sharply behind the Retreat Center.
The facility consists of the main retreat building, the Chapel and a support building which houses a separate apartment for use by private individuals. The Retreat Center offers:
- 66 Single guest rooms equipped with a twin XL bed with all bedding, desk, guest chair & lamp and private bathroom with shower. Towels and soap provided.
- 20 Double guest rooms equipped with two twin XL beds with all bedding, desk, guest chair & lamp and private bathroom with shower. This also includes 3 Handicapped accessible guest rooms. Towels and soap provided.
- 4 conference spaces:
De Loor Hall with capacity up to 80 people
Founders Hall with capacity up to 110 people
Moran Library with capacity up to 12 people
Possenti Hall with capacity up to 110 overnight guests or 220 day only guests
- Chapel with seating for 110 people
- Dining Room with seating for 110 people
- Outdoor Stations of the Cross
- Monastery Gardens which includes the Garden of Seven Sorrows, Sacred Heart Plaza and the Amphitheater
- Amphitheater seats 100 people