Mater Dolorosa Passionist Retreat Center seeks a part-time Weekend Retreat Coordinator to join the team of this vibrant Roman Catholic ministry. Located in the beautiful foothills of Sierra Madre, California, we are a Roman Catholic retreat center owned and operated by the Congregation of the Passion, a Roman Catholic religious order of priests and brothers. The Passionist tradition of preaching, hospitality, and compassion is carried out through weekend retreats and special programs. The Passionist Priests, Brothers and Laity of Mater Dolorosa seek to bring a message of hope, healing and spiritual renewal to all who attend a retreat or visit Mater Dolorosa.
At all times, the Weekend Retreat Coordinator shall perform his or her duties per the Charism of St. Paul of the Cross, as expressed by the Congregation of the Passion, Holy Cross Province, by implementing the Mission Statement of the Mater Dolorosa Passionist Retreat Center.
Ensures reservations for retreat weekends are coordinated efficiently and accurately and works closely with the appropriate committee to improve weekend attendance.
Essential Functions/Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet/exceed the customer’s (internal and external) expectations by understanding, anticipating and meeting customer and guest needs. Exhibit proactive communication; act and think with the customers in mind
- Friendly, enthusiastic and energetic with customers, co-workers, managers, guests and visitors
- Promote and project a positive image; treats others with courtesy and respect
- Maintain updated and accurate Raiser’s Edge database. Prepare Raiser’s Edge database for the retreat season by creating events, updating records, adding participants, run reports
- Greet guests and assist with tours for potential hosted groups
- Responsible for helping promote and grow our Passionist retreats and all facets of organization for each weekend
- Make appropriate website and social media updates and promptly respond to all inquiries
- Assist with special projects and Passionist Sponsored Events (i.e.: Mailings, programs, Golf Outing, etc.)
- Run credit card machine
- Be the liaison between the retreat volunteers and front office handling all associated tasks for getting ready for a weekend of guests
- Work closely with the Ministry team to manage volunteers and weekend attendance
- Design, edit and review advertising material for Passionist retreats
- Order retreat supplies
High School Diploma required, some college preferred, business focus or hospitality. Must be familiar with technology including but not limited to working on a variety of computer programs. Experience with Raiser’s Edge not for profit accounting software preferred.
Two years of experience working in a fast paced office environment.
Skills & Abilities (i.e. technical, organizations, knowledge, etc.):
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills with both internal and external customers.
- Capable of working with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Flexible with schedule and other duties as assigned
- Excellent telephone and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Confident and competent working with a variety of A/V equipment
- Excellent computer skillset – proficient with MS Office and other standard programs
- Ability to look at processes and recommend improvements
- Practicing Catholic preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
Primarily in an office environment.
Please be Advised:
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the most important aspects of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required in order to perform the work. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Part-time
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org